Frameworks 7-string and Polysubbass

Welcome to the forum Forums Polysubbass / PolyBass Frameworks 7-string and Polysubbass

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Manne 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Manne
    Participant

I do have a cable Rolf Spuler gave me to use with Roland equipment – on one side the Neutrik connector, on the other end the Roland 13-pin connector.

Using my Avalon with the Polysubbass and the Polysubbass connected with this cable to a Roland GR-55 guitar synth I am able to get the amp simulations and effects of the GR-55.

However, connecting a Frameworks guitar and the Polysubbass with this cable doesn’t work.
    Is it possible to use the Polysubbass with a Frameworks guitar or another guitar equipped with the Roland 13pin socket?

Matthias
    Blocked

this is an interesting idea
    it does not work now because of the supply:
    – the original DIN13-Neutrik cable you mention contains no supply wire
    ( http://www.matthiasgrob.org/pEE/ppSchema/PaGRcabl.htm )
    – I use my Elegy with StringPort with a cable that has a diode in it to make sure that no one sends the 12V from the Polysubbass to some Roland equipment (which probably would not survive)
    – it should be possible with a special split cable to feed a GR guitar from the Roland synth and connect the Polysubbass in parallel

but:
    the Roland has a lower signal level than the Paradis, so the Polysubbass may cut the end of the bass note

but:
    I just talked to Tom about creating a Polybass module that works with the Roland standard. its rather easy but not easy enough to modify the old ones.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.