Here a little manual that Rolf wrote for the exchange of the pickup:
yes, the AFR electronics are not designed for easy servicing. but it is not that complicated. you’ll need soldering experience.
– cut the wire of the defect pickup(s) 20mm from the connector
– attach a temporary wire or cord to the pickup-wire
– loose 2 screw of the monorail bridge
– pull out the saddle / bridge, pass the pickup-wire until the temporary attached wire comes out of the hole
– loose the pickup-wire from temporary wire
– loose the center-screw of the saddle for disassembling bridge
mounting refurbished pickup-saddle:
do the steps above vice-versa. you find it helpful to have the temporary wire ready to easily insert the pickup-wire to the electronics
– assemble the bridge parts and attach it to the body
– cut overlong pickup-wire as short as possible, solder it to the wire-snag of the connector. don’t forget to insulate the soldering connection (by shrinking tube).