People: our team, our clients and links to related work
Those friends maintain the huge and unique work:
- Ursetta Mutzner, ex partner of Rolf, owner of the house, cares for paperwork, shipping and the good feelings.
- Matthias Grob, el-eng, co-founder, lives in Brazil but visits Switzerland often and builds the pickups and thinks and writes and talks...
- Philipp Scheidegger, smd- and sound-engineer, created the recent versions of the electronics, maintains it and builds wooDI.
- Heinz Fässler, mech-designer, does the wood work and knows many other things.
- Andreas Schmidt, lutier, worked with Rolf and explains many details and likes to work on the wood when he has time
- Martin Burkard, the owner of the CNC machine Rolf created his guitars on, can mill original parts
- Tom Maier and Manne Schlaier created a FORUM at http://paradis-guitars.info
- Loris Raimondi and Antonio Saracino care for the Facebook group and identifying old instruments and more...
Matthias Grob started building his special guitar amp with hexaphonic distortion in Zürich around 1978
they met because Rolf was interested in the hexaphonic technology in 1982
the picture shows Rolf and Matthias at the San Diego harbor after the 2008 NAMM show.
you can find more pictures and infos about the founders on their respective sites!
hundreds of musicians stopped at our booth to listen to Ljubo Majstorovic's unique, lovely and virtuoso playing
he is much more than a player or demonstrator, he builds his own guitars and knows all about Macintosh hacking and and a lot about electronics, too. he is the only one I am aware of who takes new gear apart and builds the main PCB into his ultra compact "guitar amp" and feeds it from a central supply - so he can take all on the train easily...
he also builds the most complex live looping tools of the world customized in max and controls them with pedals built from keyboard electronics...
Ljubo does not care for success. He never published recordings of his music. He plays at some guitar festivals, but recently complained that its not worth the effort. Yet, all guitar players that have seen him play agree that he is one of the most remarkable musicians of our time...
Jon Piguet studied guitar making with Lowden and then helped Rolf to build the first 250 Avalons which were sold to a distributer in 1992.
Heinz Fässler worked with Rolf on the later Avalons 2003-5
here he is creating the picks at Frankfurt Messe. he does all kinds of mechanical works and loves learning and inventing.
Andreas worked with Rolf in the Gebensdorf times 2005-7. He then moved to Greenpeace, but he is still ready to help us since he knows more about building the Paradis guitar than anyone else...
Philipp Scheidegger and Matthias Grob 2006 during a technical meeting at BridgeCo company.
the only FireWire guitar was created.
Concept: Matthias Grob, Rolf Spuler
Here at Musikmesse Frankfurt 2006:
instrument creators we exchanged ideas with
- Heinz Fässler - makes picks and learned with Rolf to build guitars
- Hansjörg Egli - sensible guitars
- Claudio Pagelli - impossible guitars
- Lukas Brunner - acoustic and travel guitars
- Ulrich Teuffel - special guitars
- Keith McMillen - amazing how he worked on the same subjects: Polyphonic (hexaphonic) guitars and looping
- Peter Neubäcker of Celemony
- Fritz Katoh and Mike Shimada of Ibanez
- Richard McClish - the one pickup that comes closest to the Paradis concept and became available shortly afterwards
- Carlos Juan - a friend and pickup maker
- Schertler - amplification
- Jürg Vogt - vovox - special cables
we reject endorser business. musicians play our instruments because they love them:
Al Di Meola
Andreas von Wangenheim